Don’t have a credit card number ? No worries , this is a post to let you know how can you own a credit card number using your debit card..Just note I have mentioned credit card number not the credit card (physical).
First of all you will be required to create an account with Entropay. Entropay is Europe based Virtual Credit Card selling website. There are other sites too which serves the same purpose but I use entropay and am satisfied with it.
Once you have your entropay id and you are logged in, you will be asked to add funding source . First row will ask you to enter card name . Enter any name you wish to. In the second row put in your card number. Then the expiry date of your card . After that put in your 3 digit CVV code ( its printed on the back of your VISA or MasterCard) and finally enter the name printed on the card (even its not just put your name there). Click next and you are done .
Now you will receive a mail from entropay that currently your rights are limited. Don’t panic. It just a security measure from their side. For removing the limitation you will need to send them:
- Scanned copy(both sides) of your address proof ( Driving license or Passport )
- A clear copy of both sides of all funding sources registered on your account, (For security reasons, they only need to see the first 6 and last 4 digits, Please COVER the 3 digit security code (CVV)). You can use MS paint or some similar software to blackout the the middle digits and CVV number.
After verification is done you can now add credit to your virtual credit card. $20 is the minimum amount that you can load .
The above post was for debit card /credit cardwith 16 digit card number and 3 digit CVV.
Uses of this card:
- You can pay your international exam fees online (GRE,TOEFL,SAT ,any certification exam fee)
- It can be used to verify your paypal account too.
PS: 1)Your debit/credit must be enabled with 3-D secure password.
2) They currently accept VISA /MASTERCARD debit/credit card . So the SBI maestro card will not work it. You can use the new classic visa debit issued by SBI.